Helpers–Production Workers SOC: 51-9198
Help production workers by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Record information, such as the number of products tested, meter readings, or dates and times of product production.
Entry Level Earnings: $16.00
Median Hourly Earnings: $21.00
Experienced Earnings: $25.00
Typical Entry Level Education: High school diploma
Average Monthly Hires (2018): 2,571
Applied Mathematics: 3
Reading for Information: 3
Locating Information: 4
Learn more about WorkKeys
Packaging and Labeling