Industrial Machinery Mechanics
Operate robots or computer-controlled machines to execute machine tasks on metal and plastic.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Record parts or materials used and order or requisition new parts or materials as necessary.
Entry Level Earnings: $15.00 and up
Median Hourly Earnings: $23.00 and up
Experienced Earnings: $28.30
Typical Entry Level Education: High school diploma
Average Monthly Hires (2018): 639
Applied Mathematics: 4
Reading for Information: 4
Locating Information: 4
Learn more about WorkKeys
Programmable Logic Controllers