Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Set up, operate, or tend machines to mix or blend materials, such as chemicals, tobacco, liquids, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compound or process ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- Read work orders to determine production specifications or information.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Mix or blend ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials, such as spices, dough batter, tobacco, fruit juices, chemicals, livestock feed, food products, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
Entry Level Earnings: $10.77
Median Hourly Earnings: $17.19
Experienced Earnings: $22.17
Typical Entry Level Education: High school diploma
Average Monthly Hires (2017): 265
Applied Mathematics: 3
Reading for Information: 4
Locating Information: 4
Learn more about WorkKeys
Packaging and Labeling