Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers where technical or scientific knowledge is required in such areas as biology, engineering, chemistry, and electronics, normally obtained from at least 2 years of post-secondary education.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Prepare and submit sales contracts for orders.
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
- Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Compute customer’s installation or production costs and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
- Select or assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
Entry Level Earnings: $17.50 and up
Median Hourly Earnings: $34.00 and up
Experienced Earnings: $48.53
Typical Entry Level Education: Bachelor's degree
Average Monthly Hires (2017): 620
Planning and Logistics
Applied Mathematics: 4
Reading for Information: 4
Locating Information: 4
Learn more about WorkKeys