Help build up Ohio manufacturing
Click the link below to fill out the online application to gain access to Making Ohio assets.
An outdated image of Ohio manufacturing jobs is a major barrier to talent acquisition. Too many Ohioans think manufacturing jobs are still like those from a generation ago – dark, dirty and dangerous. And some young people have no perception at all about manufacturing. Making Ohio provides tools to help change outdated or incomplete perceptions and open minds to the opportunities available in today’s manufacturing companies.
The Making Ohio brand is primarily intended for use by local or regional industry-driven sector partnerships. While industry sector partnerships are the preferred focus of Making Ohio, individual companies, schools and other workforce providers are also welcome, pending approval by The Ohio Manufacturers’ Association.
Making Ohio offers a variety of materials to support your workforce development communications, including giveaways for your events, marketing support materials and messaging developed specifically for your key audiences.
Here are some ideas on ways to use the Making Ohio brand to support your strategy. Consider these thought starters from the How-to Guide in addition to your own ideas.
- Hand out t-shirts, hats or other giveaways at career fairs, school events and other meetings.
- Offer posters to guidance counselors to display in their offices.
- Use the Making Ohio postcard to invite prospects to events, or to follow up on conversations.
- Consider paid advertising using the Making Ohio templates for print and online banner ads, or adapt the Making Ohio messaging for local television, radio and streaming radio.
- Hang posters or postcards in local stores and restaurants.
- Incorporate Making Ohio messaging in your social media campaigns.